I've gone one full week without committing a "Whup" slip. It has taken a ridiculous amount of effort on my part. I'm actually surprised that I have the attention span to pull off my solution: Constantly repeating the mantra in my head, "don't say 'whup,' don't say 'whup'…" Up to this point, this method has been a resounding success. I have gone from saying "Whup" nearly every time I leave my desk, to not saying it at all. I've felt a “whup” surge up my esophagus a few times, but the mantra has kept it from escaping.
I'm fairly certain that prolonged use of the mantra will hasten my ultimate fate of being locked away in a padded cell. I truly fear the day that I let the mantra slip and say it aloud as I'm walking around. I have a tendency to talk to myself when I think nobody is around; I've been caught before and I'll get caught again—it's only a matter of time. Imagine if I'm repeating that mantra when I get caught. Now that I think about it, that's probably the event that'll have me committed.
Here's what's happening with the site:
- Li just posted her first article Stankonya
- Zia is putting the finishing touches on her first article. I've seen it, it's funny!
- Security Gawd will have his eagerly anticipated article on Hello Kitty up soon
- I'll post a movie review within the next week. It's one from my Top 10 of all time. Here's a hint: Sum Dum Goy.
- Babe of The Week will be up Friday morning. Check the teaser pics to see if you can guess! No prizes--I'm broke.
- I have some updates to the site I still need to get to including fixing up the GOTD archives, fixing a few issues with Comments, adding the Authors page, and the Graffiti Wall.
The Babe of the Week teaser in case you missed it